When I reflect on 2012, here are a few of the questions I consider…
1. What are the 2-3 themes that personally defined me?
2. What people, books, accomplishments, or activities created special memories or highlights?
3. What am I working on that is audacious?
4. What 2-3 things do I need to change in my life to become more fully alive?
5. How am I preparing for life 5 years from now? 10 years from now?
I also do a quick self assessment using a 1-10 scale in the following areas: marriage, family, work, spiritual formation, relationships, emotions, finances, physical, recreation.
As I lead from a place of vulnerability, this year I may publish my answers.
What do you do to reflect on 2012?